Aerial for Saorview FAQ
What is Saorview?
Saorview is the next era of the Irish television experience. It was introduced in collaboration with Powerpoint to provide Irish audiences with a premium television experience with no monthly bills or contracts. Here are some of the frequently asked questions regarding Saorview.
- How much is a Saorview aerial?
Saorview is available to use for free; however, a set-top box is required to get access to the free-to-air channels. It usually costs between the range of €150 and €200. It will cost at most €20 or €30 for purchasing an aerial while a satellite dish costs approximately €100.
- Will Saorview work with an indoor aerial?
To receive a clear signal, it is suggested to connect your Saorview set-top box to an exterior aerial in the roof while maintaining a good cabling standard at the same time. Based on the location, customers can also make use of interior aerial to get Saorview.
- Can I get Saorview without an aerial?
No. You’ll need to connect your Saorview set-top box to an exterior or interior aerial to access Saorview channels.
- Is Freeview the same as Saorview?
Saorview is ‘Freeview’ in Irish. It is Ireland’s new, free digital service which provides over 100 free-to-air Irish and UK televisions channels without the hassles of contracts or monthly bills.
- Can I use Sky Dish to get Saorview?
A sky satellite dish or any other kind of dish cannot be used to receive Saorview. As it is a digital terrestrial television system, viewers can get access to Saorview by making use of a suitable television aerial.
- Do I need to change my TV aerial for digital?
The majority of the standard rooftop aerials that have been in use before digital television are sufficient for receiving digital television. There is no need to replace the television aerial to receive Saorview.
- How do I tune a Saorview Aerial?
Follow these steps to tune-up your Saorview set-top box.
- Press the Menu button on the remote control that comes with your Saorview set-top box. On your TV screen, you should see a menu of options.
- Using the arrow keys on your remote control, select “Set Up” and press OK on your remote.
- Depending on what Saorview box or TV you have, you will be prompted to enter some information, like a code or the name of your country (Ireland) or you may be asked to turn on “LCN.”
- Proceed by selecting “Automatic Channel Scan” under Set Up. Select Yes when you are asked to proceed; you will also need to select yes when asked to delete the previous channel line-up.
Once the channel scan is completed, your Saorview tune-up is done!
- How do I connect Saorview to my TV?
Here are the steps to connect saorview to your TV.
- Begin by plugging the aerial into the Saorview set-top box and then connect the box to your television using the HDMI cable.
- Connect the power cable to your set-top box and plug it into a power socket.
- Use the remote to turn on the box.
- As the box turns on, you will soon see the logo of Saorview appearing on the screen. If a software update is available, you will be asked to download it. It is recommended to keep the box updated.
- You’ll be asked if you want to scan Saorview channels automatically. Press OK on the remote to run the scan. This can take a while.
- You will be asked to choose your preferred language.
Once this is complete, you will be able to get the most of Saorview with no hassle!
- How do I fix Saorview no signal?
If your Saorview has no signal, check whether the Saorview Connect box is properly connected to your TV (using HDMI cable), and to your aerial. Also, ensure that you have selected the correct input on your TV set.
Smart Sat Ireland caters to all your Saorview requirements by providing satellite equipment that strictly meets the criteria of digital satellite standards. In addition to this, state of the art technology is used for setting up and aligning satellite equipment.
Call 086 828 9390 to avail the services today!